Sunday, January 24, 2010

Today Kevin and I sat down (sort of by accident) and watched a few home movies. One of Cayden and Chip 4 days before Carson was born. The other one was of when Carson was born. This was October 2007. I was surprised at how it affected me. First I didn't realize how little they were just 2 years ago. When I saw their little faces and heard their tiny voices talking I was shocked at how young they looked. They were just babies, yet at the time I thought they were big. Then to see them so excited to have a new brother, holding and kissing him at the hospital. It made me melt. Actually it made me cry. Tears poured down my face. I wanted to be right back there holding my new baby and loving my other two babies. How quickly 2 years just flew by. And I can never have it back again. I do however have today. I'm sure years down the road I will look at movies of them now and think how little they look. So today I'm going to enjoy these moments. The hugs and kisses, the laughter and even the tough days, because I know all too soon they will grow up and I won't get this time back.

1 comment:

Jen the Blog Mom said...

Been having the same kinds of thoughts here. 8 and 6 seem big to me now, but one day I'll say to them "when you were really young and I think in... 2nd grade and Kindergarten, you were so little back then." We don't get these days back, do we? sniff, sniff